i can’t believe i’m back into blogging again! this was my first foray into the world wide web… i abandoned my previous blog when i joined Twitter in November 2006 as it was so much easier to type out my thoughts in 140 characters or less. then recently i got bitten by the blogging bug again. i dusted off my WordPress chops and dove head first into tweaking this blog… and ever since, i’ve been addicted!
this blog will not be a typical beauty or makeup blog. it will be my home for all things social, such as Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Tumblr and whatever else. once you start looking around, you’ll see that the content i share on all those various sites will be fed automatically here. however, i will have original content on this blog that i will not post elsewhere.
one thing i’m looking forward to doing with this blog is to hold myself accountable for all the new products i purchase in the new year (2013). yup, i plan on curbing my spending big time. so no more huge hauls, impulse buys, and all that. however, i still reserve the right to go on shopping sprees with my two favorite makeup brands: bareMinerals and tarte! just thought i would throw that out there…
as i kick off this blog, you will see lots of blog posts about the new products i pick up as it’s way more easier than filming a video, editing, exporting, and uploading in HD. but i will talk about these products in my videos and show you how i use them on myself. so if you like watching YouTube videos more than reading blogs, you won’t be excluded. i will continue making lots of videos because i thoroughly enjoy doing so.
anyway, with that said, i guess i should also have a disclaimer regarding the information i share on this blog:
- all original content is copyright by me. you cannot republish any of the content on this site without my permission.
- the WordPress theme i’m currently using is called “Scrappy” and it’s available for free here.
- daysies.me is registered through hover.com and is hosted by SurpassHosting.com
- all product reviews are of my own opinion. i will not accept compensation to write up positive reviews. any product i feature on this blog, i will let you know if it was sent to me or if i purchased it with my own money. i reserve the right to change my opinion at any time. also, i am human so i may mistakes and may post incorrect information, and so i will correct myself when it’s appropriate to do so.
- i will not share any personal information collected on this site without your permission such as the information you share in comments and the contact form
- the YouTube videos i have created and linked here are monetized with Google ads so i do receive compensation but it’s nothing to sneeze at.
- lastly, this blog is my little home on the web so i’m here to have fun… so let’s play nice with each other in my little sandbox and we’ll have a great time!
so i think that’s it for now without getting overly technical… if you have any questions, please send me a message via my contact form and i’ll get back to you as soon as i can. thank you! xoxo